Thursday, June 14, 2012

The White

I noticed that my last blog entries sound like the trilogy of French movies, "Red"-"Blue"-"White" directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski. The reality is that white makes a striking presence in the Australian flora, and on the blue and red background, it stands out like a mild lightning. I do refer precisely to the eucalyptus tress, some of which have a stripped down trunk, shiny and smooth. They could set the standard for "whiteness" when in direct sunlight, just look at the picture! When we travelled through the MacDonnell Ranges in The Red Centre, we even found this legendary tree baptised "The Ghost Gum Tree," close to the Simpson Gap. So in my own trilogy of Australian colors, I add the white of ghost gum trees after the red dirt and the incredibly blue sky. In my heart they paint a landscape I have never seen anywhere else in the world and I fell in love with, yes, at the first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment