Sunday, June 24, 2012

Growing Daylight Time

Since yesterday (winter solstice), I celebrate the start of growing daylight time! I am still not used to a June when the sun sets around 5PM and I cannot find my slippers in the dark when I get off my bed every morning... I received my first invitation for "Christmas in July," for which I have to cook a filling dish, one that would provide the calories needed for a winter celebration. And I want to yell again "My summers were in June, July and August" But now I understand why there is the winter migration from Victoria and the Southern parts of Oz towards the tropical North, especially Queensland. Summer still lingers there with fewere clouds and more generous temperatures. The frangipani in my picture from today makes me feel like I am in Queesnland, too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment