Thursday, July 12, 2012

Heide Museum

I went today with Chloe to the Heide Museum of Modern Art, an interesting marriage of architecture, gardens and art. It is in the Heidelberg suburb of Melbourne and has a past link to arts, as the area is settled over the Yarra Bend Park and Yarra Flats, a park frequently painted by artists at the end of the nineteen century and beginning of the twentieth century. I didn't really enjoy the current exhibits, and the rain put me in a bad mood because I could not take good pictures of the sprawling gardens, but the cafe, called Cafe Vue (tres chic et vrai), was the best thing! I am embarrassed for how superficial I am, I confess, as someone should not like the museum's cafe more than the museum, but I did. Perfectly fitting in the museum's theme, the cafe has the architecture (glass walls all around the dining area) that allows everyone to enjoy the garden with its art arrangements and sculptures. Moreover, the food is fresh, scrumptious and delicate, so the experience sent us right into an urban nirvana I had no idea I was going to experience today. Our waitress didn't see all these, I am sure, because she was the only thing souring my Cafe Vue experience. In today's artsy picture, please enjoy an artsy cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment