Monday, July 9, 2012

Undecided at the Abbotsford Convent

Why do we need to state the obvious sometimes? Like in today's photo. I am happy such signs don't paint all streets and intersections, which would then look like graffitis. When it comes to turning from a small laneway in Melbourne, this sign confirms the driver's assumption that he or she can turn whichever way they want. Yet, I do feel a bit undecided today, and this street sign applies to my mood, too. Should I go to a nice winery tomorrow and enjoy winter in the Yarra Valley holding a glass of good wine in one hand, or should I go to a beautiful beach town from where I can taste the ocean on one side and the bay on the other side? Should I curl up with a good book tomorrow or should I sit at the desk and write at my book? Should I do what I have to or what I want to? I am on vacation for a few days. Today I went to the Abbotsford Convent, a sprawling estate (convent mainly) on the Yarra river. The convent leased some of its buildings to schools, artists and health "promotors" (homeopaths, massage therapists, nutritionists, etc). The large garden and many buildings were littered or covered in scaffolding. They seemed to be in renovation, trimmed or fixed. The cafe was great, as it served fresh food mostly prepared from the convent's own gardens, but overall, I found this place overrated. I could not find anything special other than the food. Would I recommend it to anyone else? I'm undecided.

1 comment:

  1. I must say that i am really impressed to read this article. Really very informative information.If you want more information then check Best Indian Restaurant in Abbotsford convent

    ReplyDelete