Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Days of Spring

Early spring time in Melbourne is full of confusing factors. There are sudden changes in temperature, and by that I don’t mean the usual variation between night and day temperatures, but significant variation from one day to the next. There are also sudden changes in winds, which then create stronger (gale-force) winds, and although I haven’t heard of tornadoes, I am sure the massive wind gusts of over 120 km/h would qualify as linear tornadoes. Last week the wind redesigned my garden and I dare say the entire property, as the fence in front and behind the house (yes, it’s old!) was split in pieces and fell down like a baseless Lego piece. And then there is the fog, which I call a confusing factor because if I didn’t drive and could follow the road, it’s so milky that I’d get lost in no time. This entire atmosphere reminds me clearly of the time I looked into a water pool on the side of the ocean in Lakes Entrance. I saw what you can peek at in today’s picture, a regular but confusing network of long algae that would confuse any small creature with its repetitive pattern and obstructing filaments. Well, I just hope spring will install itself calmly very soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment